Please complete this information by October 14, 2019.
The Interpreting for Social Justice Training seeks to provide opportunities for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans and Gender Non-Conforming immigrants of color who are already informal community interpreters to:
- Gain greater skills in interpretation
- Learning about language justice strategies
- Better understand how to build more multilingual spaces
- Share knowledge about health, social and community resources
- Share resources on translating health, sexuality and gender issues
The program includes two all day trainings on Saturday, November 2nd and Sunday, November 3rd, 10 AM-7 PM, which will focus on sharpening interpretation skills. You MUST be available for both days to participate.
There are a limited number of stipends available for this training. If you wish to participate in the program, but do not need a stipend, please note this on your application. There will be space for some non-stipend participants.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.