The Safe OUTside the System (SOS) Collective is an anti-violence program led by and for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans, and Gender Non Conforming people of color. We are devoted to challenging hate and police violence by using community based strategies rather than relying on the police. SOS Meetings are held every 3rd Tuesdays digitally, via zoom. For more information you can contact our SOS Coordinator, Kerbie Joseph, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tools and Resources
Safe Outside the System's Downloadable Resources:
The Safe Party Toolkit is a collection of strategies generated by 3 generations of SOS members and staff to build safety in party spaces without relying on the police or state systems. The Safe Party Toolkit can support you, partygoers, and throwers in:
- Creating a space in which partygoers self determination and safety are prioritized
- Preventing and intervening in violence before it escalates
- Making a community atmosphere where violence isn’t acceptable
- Encouraging others to intervene/prevent violence from happening
- Supporting survivors of violence
Safe Party Toolkit Zine, http://bit.ly/SafePartyToolkitZine
Safe Party Toolkit (English), http://bit.ly/SafePartyToolkit
Black 29 Collection vending at BedStuy Pride.