Foundations of Organizing
Utilizing study and lived experiences to begin dismantling oppressive structures. Great for new organizers or folks going back to the basics!
Daring to be Powerful (DTBP1) is one of NYC's best trainings on community organizing, power, and oppression for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two-Spirit, Trans, and Gender Non-Conforming People of Color (LGBTSTGNC POC). Join our digital training to build both individual and collective power to better challenge the multiple oppressions faced by LGBTSTGNC POC communities.
This training programs allows for digital skill building, analysis of oppression, power, and current issues. We will share digital tools and offer opportunities for strategizing and additional investments in community organizing.
It is strongly suggested to take both Part 1 and 2 in order.
We will be hosting this training digitally via Zoom so please RSVP before we reach capacity.
What to expect
Daring to be Powerful, Digital Edition!
Friday, May 29th, 6:00pm-8:30pm EST and Friday, June 5th, 6:00-8:30pm EST
• The training is specifically designed for LGBTSTGNC People of Color
• A training outline will be shared with confirmed participants before the first session
• Participants are expected to attend both sessions of the training
• Resource packets will be distributed as a part of the training materials
• There is no fee for participation