This event will take place on June, 7th at 6:30 EST. A zoom link will be sent upon registration.
Please note: this event is open ONLY to LGBTSTGNC BIPOC Folks. This is an affinity space for community members to discuss their own experiences at the intersection of race, gender, and sexuality.
Please join 3rd Space member Andie DeLeon for a political education discussion on care work and neurodivergence in LGBTSTGNC BIPOC community.
Let's delve into the lived experiences of neurodivergent folks and consider how pathologizing mental illness impacts our ability to thrive. Additionally we will use the time to share narratives of care work in our gathered lineages, and honor in remembering together, how this knowledge can inform our journeys towards care-based futures designed by us and for us.
Food vouchers will be provided for this virtual event.
Discussion Topics will Include:
- moving away from pathologizing mental illness
- challenging “wellness” that is centered around productivity, capitalism, upholding the status quo
- tactics for sharing tools to support care work → how to show up, and how to ask for help, and how to avoid feeling tit for tat
- care work is invisibilized labor
- underdiagnoses & undertreatment of QTPOC