ABOUT THE AUDRE LORDE PROJECT
The Audre Lorde Project is a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two-Spirit, Trans and Gender Non-Conforming People of Color community organizing center focusing on the New York City area. Through mobilization, education and capacity-building, we work for community wellness and progressive social and economic justice. Committed to struggling across differences, we seek to responsibly reflect, represent and serve our various communities.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY ORGANIZING TRAINING
The Audre Lorde Project aims to build both individual and collective power to better challenge the multiple oppressions faced by LGBTSTGNC People of Color communities. This training program therefore allows for skills-building, analysis of oppression, power & current issues, and offers opportunities for strategizing and additional investments in community organizing.
• The training is specifically designed for LGBTSTGNC People of Color
• A training outline will be shared with confirmed participants before the first session
• Participants are expected to attend both days of training
• Resource packets will be distributed as a part of the training materials
• Meals & refreshments will be provided
• There is no fee for participation
Participants will leave with:
- An understanding of organizing and how that can be a tool for creating change
- A deeper understanding of how power is distributed systematically, politically, historically & amongst the people
- Tools that go into starting a campaign including: how to select an in issue, how to identify allies and obstacles and pitch development
- A connection to present movements to past movement/organizers
***Please complete the registration form by Friday, May 5th, 2017***