This workshop is open to folks who:
- Identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans, Gender Non-Conforming, Queer, or not Heterosexual/Straight.
- Identify as a Person of Color.
- Are involved in language justice work, or provide community interpretation or tech hosting for virtual events
Language Justice Warriors! Is post-Covid Zoom life messing with your LJ game? Unsure how to navigate linguistic equity in virtual spaces?
Join ALP's Best Practices for Remote Language Workers workshop!
May 22, 2021 1:00-4:00 PM EST.
In this workshop participants will:
- Map out the tech requirements for remote interpreting via Zoom
- Review a checklist of communications with event organizers pre, during, and post event
- Learn about advocating for language equity in remote spaces
- Get a behind-the-curtains view of Zoom hosting functions as they apply to language equity