Friday, April 5th, 6pm-9:30pm
Saturday, April 6th, 11am-7pm AND
Sunday, April 7th, 11am-4pm
The Audre Lorde's Manhattan Office at 147 West 24th Street, New York, NY 10011.
Daring to be Powerful (DTBP) is one of NYC's best training on community organizing, power, & oppression for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Two-Spirit Trans & Gender Non-Conforming People of Color! (LGBTSTGNC POC).
The Audre Lorde Project aims to build both individual and collective power to better challenge the multiple oppressions faced by LGBTSTGNC POC communities.
This training program therefore allows for skills-building, analysis of oppression, power & current issues, and offers opportunities for strategizing and additional investments in community organizing.
Come join us for our upcoming session.
RSVP Here: https://goo.gl/forms/ultxFLIyTVWyWQ7p2
Part 2, Nourishing the Seed: A deeper dive in to the critical roles of how healing, safety, gender, and race operate within Community Organizing. Great for ALP members looking to expand their roles as organizers.
• The training is specifically designed for LGBTSTGNC People of Color
• A training outline will be shared with confirmed participants before the first session
• Participants are expected to attend both sessions of the training
• Resource packets will be distributed as a part of the training materials
• Meals and light refreshments will be provided
• There is no fee for participation
Please contact Kade Cahe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!