Who we are
TransJustice is a political group created by and for Trans and Gender Non-conforming people of color. TransJustice works to mobilize its communities and allies into action on the pressing political issues they face, including gaining access to jobs, housing, and education; the need for Trans-sensitive healthcare, HIV-related services, and job-training programs; resisting police, government and anti-immigrant violence.
What is TransJustice Community School?
The TransJustice Community School aims to strengthen our community and ourselves and build participants confidence and self-esteem. The TransJustice Community School will focus on building the leadership of Trans and Gender Non-Conforming People of Color, while participating in a larger multi-racial, multi-gender community that fights injustice facing those who are most historically targeted in the U.S.
The Overall Goals for Participants are;
• Gain Self-Confidence and awareness of our relationships to ourselves and the world at large
• Be able to analyze and engage with how power, privilege, and oppression impacts our relationships to ourselves and our community
• Learn the history of Trans Liberation movements and campaigns in Trans and Gender Non-Conforming Communities of Color
• Learn Strategies and Tactics for how to build a campaign
• Gain skills and tools for public speaking and facilitation
• Gain skills and tools for self-care, community care, resiliency and survival
How to Apply
You can apply online here, or drop by the Audre Lorde Project to fill out a form in person. Our open hours are Tuesday through Thursday, between 1pm and 7pm. Contact Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
New York, NY 10011