Safe Neighborhood Campaign
The Safe Neighborhood Campaign seeks to end hate, community, and police violence against LGBTSTSTGNC people of color and our neighbors and allies. The goals of the Safe Neighborhood Campaign are to empower community members to prevent violence before it starts, intervene while violence is happening, and to build stronger relationships among our neighbors, families, housemates, friends, intimate partners, cultural workers, small businesses, and community organizations.
Join Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two-Spirit, Transgender, and Gender Non-Conforming People of Color and our neighbors as we build transformative justice together in Central Brooklyn!
Build a core network of survivors, community leaders, cultural workers, and longtime residents who are committed to increasing transformative justice practices in Central Brooklyn.
Build, share, and practice transformative strategies for community safety and wellness that work for us, on our blocks, and in our neighborhoods.
Through building and practicing transformative justice in Central Brooklyn, we will change the impacts of violence, policing, and displacement, and develop stronger safety networks in our neighborhoods.
Create a guide for scaling transformative justice and practices in your community!
Year 1: Build and Root
- Developing our training tools
- Defining transformative justice at a community level
- Recruiting folks to join Safe Neighborhood Network
Year 2: Imagine and Remember
- Study together, share strategies and lessons learned
- Train Safe Spaces on transformative justice strategies for intervention, support, community safety, and alternatives to policing
Year 3: Love and Protect
- Safe Spaces in Safe Neighborhood Network mobilize to practice transformative de-escalation, rapid response to violence, survivor support, etc.
Year 4: Sustain and Scale
- Develop a guide to neighborhood interventions.
How do I get involved?
Join the Campaign here! Or sign up at the next SOS meeting or event!
Come to a Safe OUTside the System Collective meeting!
The Safe OUTside the System (SOS) Collective meets on most Tuesday evenings, from 6:30-9pm in Fort Greene, Brooklyn
Want a Safe Space training for your organization, household, block, or small business?
Contact the Safe OUTside the System Collective at sosalp [dot] org to learn more about the Safe Neighborhood Campaign, our training menu, and the SOS Collective!
|For more information on the Safe Neighborhood Campaign, click here!||443.32 KB|