Daring To Be Powerful - Community Organizing Training Weekly Series
Wednesday evenings, October 26, Nov. 2, 9, 16, & 30th from 6:30pm-9pm Audre Lorde Project, 147 W. 24th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10001
Audre Lorde Project, 147 W. 24th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10001
“When I dare to be powerful - to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” - Audre Lorde
Daring To Be Powerful is the Audre Lorde Project’s Community organizing training program. This weekly series training is for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans and Gender Non Conforming People of Color
· Examine race, class, gender, police violence, transphobia and homophobia, immigration and health;
· Develop creative strategies for fighting oppression;
· Learn how to plan campaigns & actions;
· Build facilitation and leadership skills;
· Share personal stories and learn about the journeys of others
· Build both individual and collective power as a result of our training program!
Let's Dare to make 2011 an even stronger year of resistance!
You will receive confirmation of training on Monday, October 24th, 2011.
When: Wednesday evenings, October 26, Nov. 2, 9, 16, & 30th from 6:30pm-9pm
Where: Audre Lorde Project- 147 W. 24th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10001
By Bus take the M07, M20 to 7th Ave/W. 25th; M23 to W 23rd Street/7th Avenue
By Train take the 1,2 to 7th Avenue/23rd Street; F,M to 23rd Street; A,C,E to 23rd Street
Contact: Irma Salvatierra Bajar at 212.463.0342 ext. 17, ibajaralp [dot] org
|DTBP Training - Registration Form October 2011.doc||68.5 KB|