What is 3rd Space Healing?
The 3rd Space Support Program's Health and Wellness Collective is a group of professional healers committed to providing health care for people who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two-Spirit, Trans, and Gender Non-Conforming People of Color, HIV+, low income, (im)migrant, and/or disabled.
3rd Space Health & Wellness Collective Mission
The Health & Wellness Collective of 3rd Space Support is a new initiative that strives to offer ongoing, accessible, and sliding-scale holistic health care services to Audre Lorde Project’s members, staff, and larger community. The Collective is comprised of professional healers who specialize in a wide array of modalities including, but not limited to: Acupuncture, Reiki, Meditation, Yoga, Health Screenings, and Registered Nurses. We believe that access to holistic services that support health and well-being is a human right, but is often out of reach for many people who identify as LGBTSTGNC people of color, HIV+, low income, (im)migrant, or those living with a disability. In this light, we aim to create a space that is sorely needed, and humbly offer our skills in service to our communities.
What is a Wellness Day and what are the details?
- Wellness Days are a place where community members will be able to access a provider for a one-on-one holistic healthcare session or a community session.
- You can schedule an appointment at a Wellness Day or walk in! 212-463-0342 ext. 16
- The Wellness Days will be operating on a sliding scale basis and no one will be turned away due to lack of funds.
- The next Wellness Day will be happening on:
:: For more information on the services provided, as well as a list of the practitioners, check out the attachments at the bottom of this page ::
How can I support this project?
- Make a one time donation or a monthly contribution of $5, $10, $20 etc. specifically for this area! please put 3rd space in the memo line of you check or online donation. Your financial support helps provide free and low cost services to the ALP community!
- Share your skills! Are you a health care provider? We're looking for folks who are providers to offer pro bono or sliding scale services to ALP community members on our Wellness Days. If you're interested in joining our healers collective, please contact us at 3rdspacehealingalp [dot] org OR the Interim 3rd Space Co- Coordinator: Alicia Ohs @ ayoalp [dot] org/212-463-0342, ext. 16.
- Let us know what you need! Fill out our survey and pass on the link to your friends. http://svy.mk/lyMQaC
Some providers of the Healing Collective at our 2nd Wellness Day!
|Collective Practitioners.pdf||372.22 KB|
|Frequently Asked Questions about our Offerings.pdf||167.84 KB|